Monday, June 11, 2007

Aerosmith and more...

Steven Tyler is a showman! His zest and zeal for life shows in his performance! I am not an ardent fan of Aerosmith but I grew up listening to their music. It was awesome seeing them perform live and I was just about standing 10 feet away from the showman himself! He had LICK ME tattooed (must be mehendi!) on his lower abs and yeah he wore a Pink hat :P
They opened with Taste of India…went on to Crying…Falling in Love…Dream on…Jaded... I was eagerly waiting for Crazy and Janie’s Got a Gun but the concert ended with I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing.
So, that’s somehow the good part of the show on the whole.

On the other side of this is the story of Penny Lane trying to get a glimpse of the rock star amidst thousands of fans who would kill and even fly to get closer to him as much as possible! I swear I was not standing on the ground. I was on somebody’s shoes! So after the fifth song some of us decided to call it quits and found our way at the back to breath again. It was excruciating trying to get past the grunting fans who had decided to fix themselves on to the ground for the entire part of the show.

Penny Lane: Excuse me…oops (smiles)…sorry…sorry… (smiles)...sorry…
Fragile Man: OUCH! Your Heels! (Penny Lane STARES at the Fragile man)
Penny Lane: I Am Wearing Sneakers.
(Fragile man is lost for words, Penny Lane Smirks and moves on in life.)
(Background: Snicker, snicker, hee hee, snicker…)

We go right at the end. It was still crowded but I could at least stand on my own Sneakers :)

Bangalore is an awesome place. The right amount of laziness, heat and maximum cool people. EXCEPT for the traffic. It can be quite an ordeal.

Places to shop!: Tibetan Plaza, Commercial Street and MG Road.
Places to chill: Pecos and Opus (AMAZING!).
Confession: Concert became secondary. I had more FUN otherwise :)



(Pic: Parking lot of Opus :P )

17 comments:

claytonia vices said...

Places to hangout: MG Road,Brigade road :-)

Oh, I am still trying to figure out how to create a private album and send exclusive invites...

Macabreday said...

hey penny.... how come you forgot to mention the 25+ pairs of foorwear you purchased? or is there a seperate post dedicated for that? :D hee hee

and yeaa.. bangalore is a real good place to have fun....i remember going for the roger waters show many years ago... had tons of fun :)

and hey.... ur blog manager need to do a better job to make sure u post more frequently and not make an appearance like halleys comet
:D

The Penny Lane said...

@claytonia vices..
I dunno but this blore trip felt like a goan holiday.
Picasa is really neat. I swear by it..

@mac
why why why? Once again it is not 25+pairs but 12! It was really cheap...and this time also most of it were for my friends. Now do not ask me how much!
Blog manager is soon to be axed for sure...he gives me too much pressure! lol

claytonia vices said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
claytonia vices said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
claytonia vices said...

Hey check now! I guess u can scrap me on orkut instead. looks as if someone riddled your comments book with spam and you just cleared it!!

search for my name which u see on the snaps...

claytonia vices said...

Thanks! :)
I will be putting up more in a week :-)

Everyman said...

U went for the concert???!! Lord, wish i could hv been there!! I love Aerosmith!! U didnt bump into one of our (mine and Mac's) common friends there did u?? :-D

Everyman said...

JJ!! Jimbo!! Jimmy..he ws also there!! the first concert he made it to i think :-D

Mizohican said...

Still recovering from the hangover of that concert? It's been nearly a month already! I envy you so much, I wish I could have that much fun that causes a repercussion for almost a month. lolz.

Damn, the more I read your post, the more I miss B'lore :-((((

claytonia vices said...

Hey penny lane! How's the monsoon hibernation going? ;-)

The Penny Lane said...

The weather in Hyd is AMAZING right now.
Penny Lane is currently making a small 3 minute movie and on monday she is off for a vacation to Kerala!
:)
See you guys soon...

Anonymous said...

Bangalore is a garbage dump, and hideously boooooring! The only people that would think Bangalore is fun is someone who has never traveled anywhere or seen the world!

Prog Power said...

Penny, Blog Manager- You guys thought about disabling 'anonymous' comments?

@ Anonymous- Your surroundings and haunts would only be as boring as the person themselves :P Ooh, and get a spine implant

The Lad said...

Thank you for info..me comin t o blore soon..would help:_)

The Penny Lane said...

@anon
Well yeah i havent seen the world ..would love to! :) Blore is still fun and a great place to be nevertheless...i think wherever you are, if you are with friends you love it's always always fun.

@prog power
Lou u macha :)

@Lad
If you want more info Ask :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pennylane! You've stopped updating your blog?