Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tag2: HAVE YOU EVER.......

Here's a long list of Have you evers...
(Courtesy : My Blog Manager)

Smoked a cigarette?: Yes. Peer Pressure! Didn’t like it that much actually but it seemed cool those days. I remember my spirited and intellectual bengali ma’am who taught us Abhijñānaśākuntalam on the lawns of our college.
She said , “Only uncultured people smoke.” Ouch!

Crashed a friend's car?: No.

Stolen a car?: No!

Been in love?: Yes.

Been dumped?: Oh yes. I rem’ber…poor me. I was in school and I wanted to marry him…my aim and aspiration in life! He dumped me for this girl grrr lol.

Shoplifted?: mmmm NO! (I thought I did…I was pretty naughty).

Been in a fist fight?: with my brother when we were kids!

Sneaked out of your parent's house?: LOL Yes! It’s so embarrassing now!

Been arrested?: No

Gone on a blind date?: No. I like guys who can see :)
The idea of "fixing up" don't appeal much to me. My favorite movie is but Before Sunset :)

Skipped school?: Oh yes. Me and my girlfriends bunked school to go and sit in this dingy restaurant to have momos (dumplings). We were of course caught and grounded.

Been on a plane?: Yes. I do not like flying on a plane, neither the train nor do I like the bus! I like travelling in a car with ample space around me and MUSIC!

Seen someone die?: Yes. The air that we breath is powerful. I saw that split-moment where a person makes a transition from this life to the next. Life is amazing.

Purposely set a part of yourself on fire?:
Well I think my hair. Someone said I could cure split ends like that. I stopped being gullible after that.

Been jet-skiing?: Yes. Course someone took me...the moment he’d speed up I’d turn off the ignition. I was SO SCARED.

Met someone in person from the Internet?: Well....No but Oku thinks I did.

Taken pain killers?: Yeah I guess. I was a sick kid.

Flown a kite?: Maybe I held one after it was flown by someone else.

Built a sand castle?: Yeat but it was nothing like a castle. The last time we were in Goa we built a shape of a woman over a woman’s body! :)

Gone puddle jumping?: Yeah of course.

Cheated while playing a game?: Yeah card game. But I’d let them know afterwards.

Been lonely?: Yeah I guess…I just can’t remember now.

Fallen asleep at work or school/college?: Yes...classes post-lunch were a struggle.

Used a fake ID?: No.

Felt an earthquake?: Yes.

Touched a snake?: No…so slimy!.

Slept beneath the stars?: Yeah but did not fall asleep.

Been robbed?: No.

Been misunderstood?: I think we are misunderstood everyday of our lives by someone or the other.

Won a contest?: can't remember...

Run a red light/stop sign?: I would stop even if I see a big truck 1km away and still I nearly killed me and the guy who was teaching me how to drive.
His face! I can still see his face…he looked so weird…lol

Been suspended from school?: No.

Been in a car accident?: Yes. This girl didn’t know how to drive!

Walked the streets drunk?: na.

Had déjà vu?: Yeah almost quite everyday.

Danced in the moonlight: Yes.

Witnessed a crime?: Yes.

Squished barefoot through the mud?: Yes

Been lost?: Yes I am BAD with directions. I plan to do soemthing about it. I will soon :)

Been on the opposite side of the country?: Some…need to explore more.

Swum in the ocean?: The beach.

Cried yourself to sleep?: Yep.

Played cops and robbers?: YES. Nothin can beat childhood days!

Recently coloured with crayons?: a year ago…

Sung karaoke?: Na. I am not so confident about my vocal chords.

Paid for a meal with only coins?: mmmmm

Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?: So many times…

Made prank phone calls?: Oh yes...When I was in school me and my friends used to call up our crushes.
Hello?
Can I talk to cute-guy's-name?
(Background)giggle giggle...here take the phone...no no i won't...thud...gimmme the phone
gimme the phone...wait....thud...click.
Hello? Hello?

Caught a snow flake on your tongue?: Na...how does it feel like?

Written a letter to Santa Claus?: I don't remember....

Blown bubbles?: Yes.

Bonfire on the ibeach?: Well I didn’t actually make it or sit around it but we went to this beach-side restaurant the first time we went to Goa. They had made a bonfire nearby…lovely.

Cheated on a test?: Test in school meant a lot of neck-craning and copying the wrong answers cos you were not confident about yours. Also, it meant a lot of misleading answers going through you too.

Gone skinny-dipping in a pool?: No. Oku wants to go though!

Been to an Aerosmith concert: No but I will on June 2nd!
:)

15 comments:

Macabreday said...

hey...i wasnt talkin abt skinny dipping in a pool....i meant the beach :) haa.. maybe Goa.... in january?? haa..u game?? LOL
and u made prank calls? haa..we did da same to some cute girls... but it was always the father picking up.... so it remained a prank:)

claytonia vices said...

If you liked Before Sunrise, you should watch the sequel Before Sunset. A beautiful continuation to the story...

The Penny Lane said...

@mac...
LOL Yeah Right!


@claytonia...
I said Before Sunset. Yes, I have seen both. AWESOME na? It gave me goosebumps :) I am so glad that for once, someone other than me said what you said lol

Everyman said...

You managed to quit smoking????

HOW???!!!!!!

Master, teach me!!

Quite insightful I think :-) I should learn to swim..maybe THEN i can swim in the ocean..no wait..a pool wd be challenging enough :-D

The Penny Lane said...

@Everyman
Well it was just a phase so not much of a sturggle. But u knw wht if u Want to give up..u will give up.
Where ru man?! :)
I hear rumours....hee hee

claytonia vices said...

Ya! I re-read and realise it IS Before Sunset! I see sunrises in sunsets, eh? ;-)

Is this mysterious Oku your mysterious blog manager??? Now, I do not know how to make a mysterious looking smiley!

By the way, thank your manager for blog-rolling. :-)

The Penny Lane said...

:) Well there is no sunrise without sunset and vice versa.

You know the most interesting part is the time frame. Guess I kinda grew up with it. Saw BSunrise in School and after 9 years saw BSunset. I can't even begin to explain the sheer pleasure of BSunset.

Well, yeah Oku is Blog Manager and I dunno am on the verge of firing him! :)

Macabreday said...

well..if u fire this Oku, then I just might hire him...because thanks to Oku, ur blogging ..!! he seems to be doing a good job.

claytonia vices said...

I keep watching Before Sunset whenever I can... I think the character played by Ethan Hawke is really 'wisened up' in this part as he just keeps putting off going to the airport and I simply love the last song that she plays on the stereo while he says the last dialogue... Neither can I stop talking abt it!! I think you should blog on this 'phenonmenon' of a movie! :-)

Macabreday said...

@claytonia
now look what u have done...she just may blog pages and pages about this now :) and lets hope that Oku of urs thinks its a good idea ;)
LOL...jokes apart...good movie.

The Penny Lane said...

@ Claytonia and @mac...
"Baby, you are gonna miss the plane"...
and Jesse knows!
I think he'd figured that long long long time ago :)

I will blog about this.

CandidConfessions said...

That was a candid tell-tale! It made me think about so many small things and feel good about them! Nice post!

Macabreday said...

hey penny...i remember doing this DNA thingy long ago...but mine turned out to be too embarassing to put up.. people might think im a perv :-) haa u know what i mean rite...
and hey...ur DNA thing is coming over ur post..maybe u need to reduce its size

claytonia vices said...

next post pleeez! I think you should fire your blog manager!

claytonia vices said...

Thanks for ur comment! I wish I could show you some of the portraits I have taken! I don't post them in public domain :-)