Monday, January 14, 2008

The Beautiful Temperamental Six Yard

I started this year draped myself with lots and lots of chiffon!

I wore Saree for the first time in my life. The occasion was New Year's Party organized by our office for our 250+ group.

Kudos to all the +billion women in India/around the globe who wears Saree with such sheer ease and elegance.

I for one, along with her, was all over the place wherever I went. She was a separate entity; temperamental, snooty and proud and someone who absolutely did not like me at all.
In the first hour, I could hardly walk, so I lifted her many folds a bit higher than my ankle; my friends started chastising me.
Then I draped her loose end over and tied it across my waist; my friends came down on me again.
So, finally they pinned her against me; I still did manage to get smothered!

I gave up and after a glass of wine, I let her Be. She was free to do whatever she wanted to do.
Viola! She immediately liked the independence! We became the best of friends and swayed away to glory.

:)


Another attempt to revive thee blog! but I did have an amazing experience (though much later) wearing a Saree. Giving the Saree a personal touch because it is one of the most beautiful attire on earth and just did not feel like refering it to a mundane 'Saree'.
Here is me with her and my new found good friend N.

10 comments:

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Girl u looksss is dishy! :P

PS: Please deactivate word verification! i am not a robot typing this. LOL!

XOXO

Macabreday said...

waah waah..!!
pretty i say........!!

and thank the heavens you reactivated the blog. lets hope its not a one off thing. dont give the excuse of "no time"...!! u need to find time for the simpler things in life :D

claytonia vices said...

Hmm... elegant!!

The Penny Lane said...

Thanks all for zee compliments :)

@boo boo
Well you rather I activate "Comment Approval" option?

@mac
It's no excuse maacha :(

@cv
thnks again! :)

Jerusha said...

hmm lemme count the number of times I've worn a sari - hmm, two times. I consider myself an expert now :P *NOT* I still buy them all the time though, they're just too beautiful to not own. That's a pretty one you're wearing, and it looks like you wear it much better than I've ever done..

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Penny, I just saw the word verification thingi. I guess it comes by default. heh!

When are you wearing the saree, the next? Would love to c u in one.

xoxo

Macabreday said...

u have a TAG

(my attempt to keep u blogging)

pnoasnidtiinvie said...

you are absolutely righht abt Saree being one of the mmost beautiful attires on earth ! next time, try it with a bindi....you'll be amazed to see how much can a little dot on your forehead can accentuate one's beauty :)

other accessories include bangles and necklaces.

Unknown said...

Yo!!! Thats me :) Really ..like what percentage of ur blogposts would be a fan blog for JJ? :)..nice going through some..specially Palolem..cant believe I missed that one

The Penny Lane said...

I miss you everyday in office! lol